Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Deja Vu

I was able to get ahold of my mom today. I try to call her everyday but she sleeps alot. Today she seemed ok, she was able to answer questions and at first it seemed like she could have a conversation the best way she could. She told me Happy New Years, even though she told me that on the 1st. I think she thinks today is the first time she talked to me since new years day because she was on meds last time and couldnt really talk. She also seems to have short term memorie. Towards the end of our "conversation", she told me happy new years again. Then she told me she loves me... Then happy new years again. I told her i love her, she told me she loved me and then she told me Happy New Years once again before i asked if she would like 2 say hi to Erick. I handed the phone to him and a few minutes later i get the phone back. My mom says hello like its the first time hearing my voice today, then she follows with a Happy New Years. Its sad but i had a slight smile and went along with it. Then she asks to talk to Ted... I tell her its me. "Mom, Its Ted". Shes says ok, she stays quiet for a second and then asks to talk to Ted. We repeat the I love yous and Happy new years before handing the phone back to Erick. I could over hear the same thing before getting the phone back. She tell me Happy new year once more before asking me if i already said happy new year. I told her yes, shes said ok and she'll talk to me later.

I can hear her call my sisters name, then a "hello" like shes wondering if anyone is home, my sister gets on and tells me that shes back on chemo. Its kinda like a rollercoaster but its my mother, I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment